Wednesday 23 April 2014

Elesym XIII.


The last couple of days before the Easter Holidays, I was given the chance to use to a large space in the studio area to show my work for the upcoming assessment. I was really surprised...

Last semester I had a bad time and hardly any work was created. It was all bits and bobs which didn't relate to each other. I had no idea what I was doing. And I wasn't enjoying myself.

But this was a great opportunity and of course, I said yes to it! I thought maybe the tutors had seen that I have come a long way and grown with my art since the last dreaded assessment. I wanted to do well and use the space to its fullest. That's when I decided I needed to achieve another painting before this final assessment for second year. I chose to come back to uni early which allowed me enough time to create a fourth piece.

I wanted to change the way I used circles, developing my work once again, whilst keeping the abstract version of the elephant skull again. I decided to use acrylic for its bright colour and ability to dry reasonably quick. This is what I ended up with. Not too shabby, hey? People seem to like it... Well, they say they do haha!















No comments:

Post a Comment