Thursday 6 February 2014

CA Private View.


We had the Private View for our  Courtyard Arts show not yesterday, but the day before and it was great! Thank you to everyone who came, I hope you enjoyed yourself as much as I did. It was great see people other than my friends seeing my work. A couple of the people (who weren't my friends) told me they really liked my painting which was good. Maybe it'll sell? I don't know, but that would be cool.

I have to say other than eating most of the tasty cookies and drinking the apple juice (I love apple juice!), the best part of the night was when the other people I was exhibiting with gave me gifts of dinosaurs and oreos to say thank you. It was a lovely surprise, I was definitely not expecting it, my friends are such cuties! Although I feel I haven't really done much, I think we've got closer... That might just be me, but I want to hug everyone still... I have to give a speech, which consisted of "Erm, thanks... Yeah, that's all you're gonna get...". You can see that speech giving is not where my talents lie.

Unfortunately none of my family could be there, so me and Lottie were there alone together. It nice to see some of our fellow students there that weren't taking part. As well as one of our tutors, Michael, he's just the same outside of uni (the other tutors couldn't make it or just forgot). He had a chat with everyone he could and talked to us artists for a little while about our work. I found this really helpful and I'll explain why another time in another blog post.

It was really an awesome night! And to top it off I watched Jurassic Park (again - I'm such a child) when I got home.

I'll also post a few photos that the lovely Chloe Z took for us at some point. For now I can show you the business cards I made for the show, just so you have something to look at. These are the ones I kept forgetting and they took forever to cut up.

Well, the exhibition is on until the 15th of February at Courtyard Arts in Hertford (SG14 3AA). You have plenty of time left to go see it! Let us know what you think of it, did you like it or not? All feedback is welcome!

Toodle-loo for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment