Tuesday 21 June 2016

Headlines 2016

Last month, I attended the Headlines Private View to see this years Fine Art graduates work at the University of Hertfordshire and it was so strange being back there!

I found myself constantly comparing their Degree Show exhibition to ours; I just couldn't help it, of course they each had their own positives though. I enjoyed going round and seeing how everyone had progressed since I last saw their work over a year ago. Well done to them all!

Only downside was being boiling - I had definitely forgotten how hot the studios could get, especially with all the extra bodies around.

It was good to see friends who were in the same year as me and ones from the year below; sort of like a short, little reunion. I was amazed to find that a couple of the tutors even remembered me!


On my round viewing the spaces I picked up these three lovely business cards. They are from my friends; Jan Agha, Siobhan Ledden and Inna Allen (click on their names to be taken to their websites).


Unfortunately, that evening I only took a couple of photos on my phone. Above is a little sculpture by one one of my friends, who I picked up a business card from; he's a painter and sculptor. No idea what it's called, but I love it so much and want it! Below is one of his paintings which I equally adore and would like! They are both just so gorgeous!


Next month, 15 of them will be participating in the Free Range Shows at The Old Truman Brewery, just like students do every year. The UH exhibition is called Curation of Curiosities, which I think is a very fitting title. I am hoping to make it to the Private View; it will be interesting to see how they re-exhibit their work into a different space.


There's still plenty of time to donate and help them make it! Find out more on their gofundme page here. If you give enough you will receive a unique artwork made by one of the artists themselves.

You can also connect with them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment