Saturday 7 April 2018

Support

toHonestly, it has been way too long since I last went to look at art... The Sunday before last we were kindly invited by our friend and colleague, David, to a Private View of an exhibition called 'Rejuvenation' at The Shoe Factory Social Club in Norwich, Norfolk.


I was lucky enough to be able to purchase one of David's prints and isn't it just the cutest?! (See picture above). You can find out more about him and his work on his Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.


Not only was it nice to look at some art but it was good to be there with friends supporting David. Artists need to support each other, whether it's buying work, going to see work or bragging about how great someone's talent is online - it all helps! I know how much support from each other is needed to put together an exhibition. It is a lot of hard work and not really something I have had to deal with since university (cough - 3 years ago - cough, cough).

I still miss those hours of working in a busy studio space with other artists/friends, having their creative-ness push you on to be a better you, encouraging you to not give up and to keep moving forward. Them supporting you, you supporting them; it was such an important thing to do. Sigh, those were the good old days.


Every now and then I get an urge, like I need to go out, meet up with friends, have a hot drink and doodle away or whatever in a sketchbook... Anyone?


Jeez, if you have made it this far through my ramblings I applaud you! And if you would like to meet every now and then to have a creative cuppa, let me know, I really need to get out more!


No comments:

Post a Comment